View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Eric Tangradi is slated to skate with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal on Monday.

The mystery regarding who will play left wing on center Evgeni Malkin‘s line may have been revealed Sunday. Tangradi skated with center Dustin Jeffrey and right wing James Neal. Jeffrey will leave that spot when Malkin returns. Tangradi might not.

“Eric Tangradi will be on the left, and James Neal will be on the right on (Monday),” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said.

Tangradi has just one goal in 41 NHL games but has never had an opportunity to play with Malkin or center Sidney Crosby. “I haven‘t been told,” Tangradi said. “Just to be on the roster is my goal, my focus.”

Crosby is expected to skate this week with left wing Chris Kunitz and right wing Pascal Dupuis. Center Brandon Sutter will be skating with left wing Matt Cooke and right wing Tyler Kennedy.

• Malkin was the only player not skating at Southpointe. He has played in the KHL during the past four months and arrived from Russia on Sunday morning. Penguins general manager Ray Shero said that Malkin is in terrific shape and will participate in camp shortly.

• Shero has until 3 p.m. Friday to decide on his final roster. Shero said there is a possibility that the Penguins will keep eight defensemen on their roster. Bylsma rarely dresses more than six defensemen.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2HyXKwrpg
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote