View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,076 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: How will posterity remember Peyton?

I still think up through 2009 Peyton was better than Brady. Obviously since then he's been on the decline and Brady clearly hasn't, but to me the Peyton Manning up to the end of the 00's was an all-time great who didn't have enough of a supporting cast to win as many SB's as he should have. He had complete mastery of his offense and team and made throws I thought were simply impossible. Not that Brady didn't either but to me Peyton's control and mastery of his passing attack was on another level...where Brady executed well for the Patriots, Peyton WAS the Colts, if that makes any sense (it probably doesn't but I'm having trouble putting my opinion into words). The 09 Super Bowl loss to Brees, to me, marked the end of Peyton's reign as the best QB...he's still playing well but at nowhere near the level he was back then. But, in short, I will remember him for his fantastic career as a Colt, regardless of whether he ever wins with the Broncos or not.

Then again, I'm one of those people who still argues Marino was better than Montana despite the lack of rings, so maybe I just have a soft spot for great QBs who didn't win many championships.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote