View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #55
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default Re: 2013 Draft: Maybe it needs to be about offense instead of defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Oh, I understood Gofor7's initial post. See my initial response to him. Heck, I even "thanked" his initial post.

I had an issue with his notion that Colbert is "stuck in the 90s" (drafting defensive players & ignoring the offense). As if Pouncey, Wallace, DD, & AB is "ignoring" the offense. It's that "little bit" extra that he adds, the derision, that gets me riled up. Anyway...

This defense is predicated on pressure from the OLBs. Harrison looked better as the year wore on, and if Woodley goes on a diet, he should be back to his 12-sack-per-season form. BUT, Harrison has one year left in the tank, and it'd be nice to have a young player in the mix, to rotate with Harrison and/or Woodley.

Furthermore, when Harrison was healthy, Allen got turnovers; the two things are related (which is why I want a pass-rusher).

I know that some like Worilds, but he is nothing more than Clark Haggans... and I want Joey Porter.

As I posted to Hawaii, this defense is indeed young... if the "back-ups" ever start. Truthfully, the only two positions where there is not a young starter is OLB & both S spots.

Ergo, I say: OLB & S... followed by a tall WR (see my post to SteelersCanada about that), a RB (Lattimore would be a calculated risk), and a TE. Then, in R6 & R7, take a stab at another S (to replace Clark) and then an O-lineman (for back up purposes & to development).
I'd have to say I'm very happy with Colbert and his decision making ESP in round one see I agree with you there. He is a reason why we have been successful year in and year out.

Yes the defense relies on the pass rush. But the reason like you said last year was a unhealthy Harrison and Woolley with look to be a bit slow but he also has had his slu of injuries. Next year I believe they both with come back with double digit sacks, with worilds rotating and eventually taking over for Harrison. This will be worlids make it or break it year you cant say he is a haggans type cause we dont know. I don't see us taking olb in first i also don't think it's that pressing of a need especially I don't believe there will be anyone worth taking at 17th.

And Allen I believe had two fumbles by him self in the browns game not cause of what Harrison did. Our cornerbacks and safeties need to be better on breaking on the ball reading the qb and catching the ball. Clark goes for e big hit to mUch

I don't think we will go olb in round one nor should we. Offense should be focused on in the early part of the draft. This draft will be a tricking one to debate this early on cause I really don't see a clear cut great pick for us at 17 that fills a big need and makes our team better.

I would like to see the offense manage 30 points more so than not. You score points especially early on you make teams one dimensional.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote