View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default Re: 2013 Draft: Maybe it needs to be about offense instead of defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Okay... let's assume Worilds starts on 2014. (We can agree to disagree on that.) The S position still needs two players by 2014... and thus, one HAS to be drafted this year. And, early.

Look at when this team has been successful: when they've had a dominant safety: Donnie Shell, Carnell Lake, and Troy Polamalu...

...and, Matt Elam.

ALLEN
You're right: he punched those fumbles out on his own. Can't agree more: he's gonna be special. Ike Taylor, part II.

I was thinking about his INTs. The INTs came when Harrison got in the QBs face. I'm sure Cortez had 95% to do with it, but I'm sure that the pressure helped that extra little bit... the difference between a better pass and an INT.

I'm not saying I think worilds will be next great steelers linebacker although I hope, but no one really knows yet. We have always develope our linebackers to be great, every so often when we need a backer someone steps up we produce linebackers.

I do think safety is our biggest defensive need, and I wouldn't be oppose to selecting one in the first to be able to sit this year play special teams maybe some nickel and learn behide one of the best safeties in the league. Guys like vaccaro or Elam the top 2 safeties in the draft in my opinion would be great guys for the steelers.

I think Allen will be great. When we drafted him he was said to be the mold of Ike so your right there.

If defense was How went in round one I would be ok with safety then wr/rb/oline/te to follow in 2 and 3 maybe 4 then get depth defense.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote