View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #58
AgentGold007
Starter

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: 2013 Draft: Maybe it needs to be about offense instead of defense

The Steelers need to get younger on defense, while at the same time, add some more pop on the offense. As usual, they won't have very much money, if any, to spend in free agency, so what do they do? We may have had the number one defense this past season, but when it came to making game changing plays, it seemed like they were often a step late far too many times. We were a step late when it came to sacks, we were a step late when it came to recovering fumbles, a step late when it came to batting down passes or getting interceptions. To me, that's a sign of an aging defense that needs to make a smoothe transition to younger players while they still have serviceable veterans around. The offense was disappointing when it came to scoring touchdowns and not settling for field goals. To me, there's no reason why we shouldn't be as explosive as the Patriots on offense. This draft screams for us to move down in the draft and accumulate as many draft picks as possible to address our needs with some young guns.
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote