Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,935 Times in 1,906 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: The Steelers play scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
It is too bad Roethlisberger couldn't make Arians look good... Bruce would still be a Steeler.

These playoff should be a red flag that the Steelers need to run the ball more effectively. Every team that has rushed for the most yards has won (except for Minnesota and their backup qb).

The 49ers ran for 323 yards! It is a running league! Quick sign Vick! Draft Warmack and Lacy! Sign a FA running back! The NEWEST NFL is a running league! Only 1 elite qb is still in the playoffs!!! STEELERS NEED A RUNNING GAME!!!
someone else posted an interesting idea, and I believe that is what Haley was getting at before the start of the season. He had no intentions of hand-cuffing Ben, and, Ben was slinging it quite a bit (even if it was on 3rd down - Redman and Dwyer were getting into enough of a groove that teams were starting to respect the run and they didn't know what was going to happen on 3rd down - hence being the best 3rd down conversion team in the NFL at the 5-3/6-3 mark) We can't play scared with Ben, but, delivering it to 10 different receivers while letting Ben improv if it breaks down is not a bad formula. You def need a respectable running game (and O-line) to do this otherwise Ben just can't be Ben - defenses will just tee off not respecting anything other than "We know Ben is going to throw - let's get to him and jump the routes" - and. the more injuries we sustained, the more vanilla and predictable things got

Injuries and no running game is/was a fact. You absolutely can dink and dunk it - the best offense in the league just demolished the vaunted Texans D doing it all day long - and their RB stable contributed in a huge way this season. We had a great O-line coming together before injuries. Anyone else like the way they were lining up their RBs at WR against Texans? - extremely crafty. Before we throw Mendy out the door (which I wouldn't lose sleep over) let's think about those passes in the flat and especially to our FB who was starting to look a like a key contributer until the O was decimated - I'd like to see our RB more involved in passing game as well.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-15-2013)