Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,805 Times in 1,827 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

injuries, injuries, injuries - Tomlin is a fantastic coach in that he won't accept that as an excuse, even though the Steelers have been the most decimated team two seasons in a row . . .

When Ben had a career seasons in 07 and they won the division, followed up by a SB victory the following year, Tomlin was considered one of the top 2-3 coaches in the league. He solidified that by an "off" 9-7 season followed by another SB appearance in spite of his QB missing 4 games to start the season.

Don't let the AFC/NFC champ game appearances fool you - a broken clock is right twice a day - they SHOULD win with their talent - don't make them into some gods because of 2 crumby conference appearances

Just remember how desired Bill Cowher is, then look back at his resume - full of almosts but not quites and a really bad 3 year stretch where he forget himself

3 coaches since 1969. The guy has a ring and another appearance in 6 seasons. Let's hold off - I have a feeling we'll be seeing this team get back to some core ideas next season.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote