StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Come on, can you honestly say that's a serious comment? They've both built nothing teams into contenders. If you look around the league, you'll see that most new HCs don't walk into Super Bowl caliber teams with elite QBs as in Tomlin's situation.

John Harbaugh took over a team in 2007 that went 13-3 as the AFC's second seeded team in 2006. Baltimore, like Pittsburgh, wasn't always nutritioned on the offensive side of the ball like they were defensively, and the Ravens defense he inherited were at the PEAK of their dominance, paving the way to their success to this day.

Did Tomlin REALLY inherit a good team? The Steelers had a QB coming off of a near death experience having the worst season of his career. Guys like Alan Faneca and Joey Porter were VERY tough decisions for a new head coach taking over an organization that only saw 2 come before him. I just think it's silly. Tomlin took over a franchise in '06 that had tons of question marks and some CORE veteran leadership ready for departure. I don't wanna hear it. Tomlin has done a great job and isn't recognized for it because of some recent struggles.