View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #74
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Really? The only thing I said that wasn't remotely "objective" was my last statement about dropping 50, which was an opinion, albeit one I do believe.

It is a fact his receivers were ridiculously wide open all day. Champ Bailey played by far his worst game in a decade+ long HOF career. It is a fact Flaccid missed several throws for easy TD's to Smith, but luckily his receivers made two lucky plays later in the game to make him look better.

It is a fact he underthrew Jones and simply re-watching the play should provide enough evidence of that. I have no idea what the Broncos defender was doing on the play but he made a weird jump and tripped over himself, all he had to do was keep running and easy pick or at least deflection. Jones burned the initial coverage and it should have been a TD, and it was, but Flaccid made it way harder than it needed to be. The defender who tripped should have never even had a chance to make a play on the ball, but he did and should have.

Flaccid played an average game where all he had to do was chuck the ball up in the air and his receivers had all the time they wanted to adjust and make the catch. He never hit anyone in stride, or in a tight window, or did anything that remotely resembled good QB play other than being able to throw the ball within 10 yards of his receiver. If the Broncos secondary was even just mediocre the Broncos win that game, but they were bellow abysmal.
He hit Smith in stride, twice. Missed once. Once is not several. Maybe you should rewatch the game?

The throw he made to Jones he was stepping up in the pocket and bombed it 60 yd through the air without setting his feet. If you are trying to argue arm strength or accuracy of the deep ball--you don't watch enough football, Flacco is one of the best in the league at the deep ball. His problem is pocket awareness and decision making. How many 30+ yd plays did the broncos hit that weren't 85% YAC? Oh yea none.

They were the number 2 defense all year, but when Flacco plays them they turn into the Buffalo Bills? I don't buy it. Flacco has a 120.0 QB rating in the post season so far, deal with it--the guy is good enough (not great) in the regular season, and very good in the playoffs.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote