View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #131
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I know that he's going to go 25-ish. And since the Steelers aren't drafting a WR that early (even if they traded down), I hope that he goes to the Seahawks (to pair with Russell Wilson).

Alas, my biggest fear is that he ends up with the Ravens or the Taperiots.

He's going to make some team very, very happy.
I love Austin too, but I don't see the Steelers taking another small WR early.

Now, on to some other things you said. You want Elam and have mentioned the possibility of moving down in the draft. Maybe both can happen.

I'll be surprised if any safeties are taken before we pick at #17. And I'm not too sure about who the first safety selected will be. It could be Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) or Eric Reid (LSU).

Let me give you a possible scenario for moving down. Chiefs and Jags have the first two picks. I believe both desperately want a QB, but will be reluctant to use those picks on guys like Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, or a few others. No can't miss QB. So the Steelers trade #17 for the Chiefs or Jags 2nd round pick plus another pick say their 3rd round pick.

With such a scenario the Steelers could end up with a top safety, although it might be one of the other guys and not Elam and one of the top tight ends and a high pick in the 3rd round for perhaps a linebacker or running back.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote