Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,322 Times in 2,896 Posts
Default Re: NY passes new state gun laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
To be honest, what Bush Sr. did in this regard is not of much importance to me. I was 9 when he passed the EO you mentioned. So not sure why bringing it up is of importance. He's not the president anymore, and what he did shouldn't matter in what we don't want the current president doing.

One or more former presidents doing unconstitutional things does not mean we have to stand for the current president doing unconstitutional things. I didn't like Bush Jr. either, and looking back on the past, I don't like what Bush Sr. did, or Reagan, or Nixon, or Johnson, etc. etc. That doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my disdain for the current administration and attempt to fight back against unconstitutional laws.

Keep in mind, there are actually people alive who've only seen one or two presidents in their voting age life lol.

My hope is this bill doesn't pass Congress and eventually dies. It'll have a tough time getting through them.
My point was that in all probability what Bush The Elder was not unconstitutional
(what is your basis for contending it was?) and the constant bleating about Obama engaging in unprecedented exercises of executive authority is unsound

Unless of course the rationale is that everything Obama does with which someone disagrees is not just wrong but unconstitutional and therefore if prior Presidents took similar actions those actions also were unconstitutional even though no one has raised such a contention until now
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote