Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,422 Times in 4,682 Posts
Default Colbert, Steelers FO Allude to Changes on the Way

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

Looks like all #Steelers UFAs will get to test water. Colbert: "we won't know what individual player will cost until he gets out there.''

Colbert alluded to this several times: "If we don't change a roster that produced 8-8, we'd be silly to expect a better result.''

#Steelers Colbert also praises Omar Khan, one of the finalists for Jets GM Job: "He's earned it. We think he's ready.''

More on the backs from Colbert: "That group of players didn't produce the way we anticipated they would.''

Colbert on the #Steelers RB situation: "Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position.''

Colbert says #Steelers must get under cap first: "It will include terminations, possible extensions and reconstructions.''

#Steelers will not reconsider decision to cut Chris Rainey: "The decision has been made,'' Colbert said.

As with re-signing their own UFAs (i.e. Wallace, Keenan Lewis, Mendenhall, Starks, etc.): "We're not married to anybody.''

Colbert's message: That reluctance to change won't occurr this year after 8-8

Colbert: When you're 12-4 & a playoff team, sometimes you get mesmerized by your success and you get a little reluctatant to change.

Colbert: "Very doubtful" they will put franchise tag on anyone because "I don't think we have too many franchise players.''

All information acquired from @EdBouchette on Twitter.

So, I don't know the best way to arrange that information so I did my best to make it as easy as possible to read and understand. Sorry if it's hard to read, I'll try and arrange it into a read-able paragraph at some point.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
casteeler (01-17-2013), Corey120120 (01-18-2013), FrancoLambert (01-16-2013), harrison'samonster (01-16-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (01-16-2013), Millers the sh!t (01-16-2013), TheVet (01-16-2013)