Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,474 Times in 10,336 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Colbert, Steelers FO Allude to Changes on the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Very strong words.
I was amazed by alot of the talk around here of people saying "gotta keep Wallace, gotta keep Lewis, gotta keep Troy, gotta keep Harrison, etc, etc, etc....". I fully expected a couple WHOPPING big changes to take place, some that will rock the Pittsburgh world.

Doesn't appear the team is even the least bit interested at all (no surprise to many including me) in Wallace, Mendenhall, and some others.
I also look for either Troy or Harrison to go - and for Colon to be let go as well. I don't disagree with him at all - this team needs a major facelift and alot of new faces.
Here is what I deduced:

RB's were weak. + We aren't married to any FA = Spinny is GONE.

I could see Harriosn, Keisel, and even Troy needing to restructure.

They ahve always stated that they want Walalce, and BB has declared resigning Wallac eas his #1 priority. I think Wallace accepts a reasonable offer, and that BB gives up $2-3 million ot make it happen (5 years $50 million).

They have also stated that Keena Lewis is their primary free agent to re-sign, and I believe that to be the case.

The Colon is as good as cut. Starks will not be back (like it or not). And, likely, neither will Foster.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote