View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Colbert, Steelers FO Allude to Changes on the Way

There was lots of interesting information in this thread. I was actually looking at the thread via my cell and felt compelled come on in and share my two cents.

Will Allen, Charlie Batch, Plaxico Burress, Larry Foote, Ramon Foster, Casey Hampton, Brandon Johnson, David Johnson, Byron Leftwich, Doug Legursky, Justin King, Keenan Lewis, Rashard Mendenhall, Ryan Mundy, Leonard Pope, Max Starks, Mike Wallace, Greg Warren

RESTRICTED (6) – Jonathan Dwyer, Jeremy Kapinos, Steve McLendon, Isaac Redman, Stevenson Sylvester, Emmanuel Sanders

That's our FA list as listed ont he website. Of that list I expect us to resign:

Mike Wallace, Steve McClendon, & possibly Kellen Lewis(but I'm 75% sure he'll sign elsewhere).

I understand the opinions that suggest we should let Wallace go and I'm not sure I'd be upset if that happened, but I also believe that there is a good chance he stays here and I think that would ultimately be good for our receiver corps. I think Sanders really lost some luster with the coaching staff with the big errors he had this season with fumbling.

I think Harrison is gone. They'll save quite a bit of money by cutting him. I also think they'll ask Keisel and Troy to take pay cuts. I'd really be surprised if they just release Troy. I wish I was confident in that however.

A RB is definitely coming in this draft but I agree that we shouldn't take one prior to round 4. Mendenhall, who is DEFINITELY gone, was a R1 guy and look how that turned out.

I hope they cut Colon as well honestly, sure Ben likes Starks but aside from skill, age is the one thing he has a lot of. Woodley has to get into shape period or he won't be here much longer either. I also really believe the time of Ryan Clark is rapidly approaching its conclusion. I honestly expect Troy and Ryan to be here for one more season, but because of that, I expect SS and FS to be on the draft list. I think both will retire after the 2013 season.
teegre (01-16-2013)