View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Colbert, Steelers FO Allude to Changes on the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I had not even thought about AB... and/or Woodley.

AB will get a finger waved in his face.

Woodley... man... could you imagine if they cut him??? I know that it is not going to happen (cost too much)... but, that would send a huge message... and would eventually save a ton of money (although, the cap hit this year would be huge).

I honestly think that if he gets back into shape, he can be dominant once again; I'm not giving up on him... yet. But, it would nto surprise me if they sent a strooooong message, by using him as an example in some way.
There is a part of me that is actually truly scared they WILL cut or trade Woodley regardless of the cap hit..though the smarter half of me knows it is highly unlikely.

As far as AB, he is actually the reason I think they'll resign Wallace. AB got his contract after a strong season and then his production fell like a rock. Wallace struggled this season but you could also argue that there were times when he wasn't being targeted. The issue is, when he was targeted he failed to bring in the ball several times; he had several game changing drops. But I think they may look at it as "perhaps a new contract will motivate him to improve". But having said that, it'll be a contract that is at least 95% in favor of the Steelers aka he doesn't perform they can afford to cut him.