View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,706 Times in 10,416 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL.com's first mock drafts. Interesting picks for Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
We probably won't have Casey the Hutt. That leaves Steve Mclendon to hold down the DT position all by his lonesome. Better hope he does not get hurt.....or we might have to get Ta'amu out of prison to play. Also, with only one DT, what happens on those 3rd downs when they line up in a 4-3?

After Ike taylor and Keenan Lewis (who we may lose) went down-- things got ugly. We need more than 2 viable starting CBs. Lest we make Phillip Rivers and Spurlock (who?) look like future hall of famers again.
NT is a possibility... or it won't get drafted at all. It's weird how things are. NT is such a keystone for the 3-4, that you would think that they'd go Nt in R1... but... with McClendon being given a shot, and Fangupo (a Chris Hoke clone) as a back-up, they might be willing to roll the dice that Ta'aamu sticks around (does tno go to jail), which would eliminate the need for a NT. It is a calculated risk... and I'm not sure where Colbert stands on that risk.

Cortez Allen is the future (with Allen). Beyond that, Yes, they need a nickel-back... like a R4-R5 pick... (insert my love of Leon McFadden SDSU).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote