Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,980 Times in 4,272 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Mel Kiper's 2013 NFL mock draft sends DE Ezekiel Ansah to Steelers

By seton hall and steelers on Jan 16
USA TODAY Sports

Mel Kiper recently published his first mock draft of the year and he had BYU's massive, athletic Ezekiel Ansah to the Steelers at 17. Ansah has had a great career at BYU but their are concerns over whether or not he is too large to play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. At 270 pounds and with more room to add onto his frame, the concerns are valid.

el Kiper is ESPN's draft guru and while he takes a lot of bashing from the public, he is a very good draft analyst and he puts a lot of thought and research into his mock drafts and opinions. He is not afraid to take chances, as seen by him not mocking any quarterbacks in the first round and also having Menelik Watson going in the first round.

While I like what Kiper produces, I do not agree with him mocking Ansah to the Steelers. Ansah is already 270 pounds and with a little weight lifting he will easily grow to 280 pounds. Ansah is in my opinion strictly a 4-3 defensive end despite his great athleticism and talent.

However, I am not totally against the pick because the Steelers have been using a lot of four down linemen sets and Ansah could be used as a situational pass rusher when they play in the nickel.

Overall, I would give the pick a solid B grade that could go either way. I am sure Lebau would love to have an athlete like Ansah in his front seven and he would probably be able to come in and make an impact right away.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...-ezekiel-ansah