View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #77
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
Default Re: Stop kidding youselfs; Flacco is solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
He hit Smith in stride, twice. Missed once. Once is not several. Maybe you should rewatch the game?

The throw he made to Jones he was stepping up in the pocket and bombed it 60 yd through the air without setting his feet. If you are trying to argue arm strength or accuracy of the deep ball--you don't watch enough football, Flacco is one of the best in the league at the deep ball. His problem is pocket awareness and decision making. How many 30+ yd plays did the broncos hit that weren't 85% YAC? Oh yea none.

They were the number 2 defense all year, but when Flacco plays them they turn into the Buffalo Bills? I don't buy it. Flacco has a 120.0 QB rating in the post season so far, deal with it--the guy is good enough (not great) in the regular season, and very good in the playoffs.
I agree. His deep ball might be the best in the league. That throw he made to Jacoby was monstrous. He actually overthrew the coverage and got Jones to chase it down.

Also his first half throw to Smith down the middle was a thing of beauty as well.

When you can generate such explosive plays on the field, you've got a great shot at beating anybody.

(As an aside, you guys must've went absolutely nuts on that Jones catch...I know I would have.)
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote