View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
The Steelers absolutely overpaid Brown versus what he had actually produced to that point. Brown is still a very good receiver but I pointed out he got almost exactly the same contract as Brandon Marshall who is a guaranteed 100 catch 10 td receiver.

I am not going to bother comparing his salary to other receivers but I do recall his wage is very generous. All in all Brown's attitude is refreshing (minus walking into the end zone backwards on the punt return that was called back). Brown will be a solid 80 catch 6-8 td receiver for years to come.

I just hope they can re-sign Wallace. He had one terrible game vs Cincinatti now everyone hates him.
First of all that couldn't be further from the truth.

The hatred for Wallace started vs. Denver last season when he had a couple huge drops in the playoff game. Since that time he has held out, been selfish, admitted he isn't focused, had several drops inluding some that played significNt roles in games..

Wallace put himself where he is with the fans. As for brown, did they over pay? Probably but all of our receivers had a bad season so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I like brown a lot and I am glad we kept him.