View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #41
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
In no way is Brown making anywhere near Brandon Marshall money. His contract since it was an extension that included his last year is actually a reasonable amount of money to pay a 1,000 yard+ receiver who would have had those numbers again if not for injury. He is an incredible hard worker and will only get even better. His hands to make the catch are phenomenal . Besides where would they be now without his signing. Wallace gone, and Brown restricted and possibley leaving after the year? Brown's money would have only been even higher had they waited.
You better check your facts before you disagree with one of my posts because I always check the facts.

"After reviewing Marshall’s contract, which originally was a 5-year, $47.3 million deal struck with the Dolphins in April 2010, the Bears will owe him a little more than half of that for three seasons." --- Chicago Tribune.

"Wide receiver Antonio Brown signed a five-year contract extension Friday with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The deal is worth $42.5 million." --- ESPN.

I would say those are similar contracts.

Brandon Marshall 118 REC 1508 YDS 11 TDS
Antonio Brown 66 REC 787 YDS 5 TDS

Brown made the Probowl as a kick returner... he no longer returns kicks. All I said was that he is overpaid versus the performance he had shown (he had 2 career receiving TDs when the deal was signed). I know, I know... stats don't matter... Brown is amazing and Wallace sucks and it has nothing to do with Wallace holding out.

Brown is making more than AJ Green, Julio Jones or Dez Bryant because those guys are on their rookie contracts still. Which is a point I made in the "Defense has twice the salary the offense has" post- that young players make less than old players regardless of ability.

So I don't think you can accurately say Brown is making #2 WR money because if someone looked into it I bet there are a lot of teams that don't pay their top WR 8 M/Yr.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote