SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts
Default Re: Colbert, Steelers FO Allude to Changes on the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
i dont seem to remember anyone saying it was all wallaces fault for our 8-8 season.
i dont remember anyone saying we didnt care that ward held out.
what we do know is that this 8-8 season was partly due to wallace.
we also know that due to his actions this year(as stated above a few posts) that he was one of the biggest disappointments.
we also know that the team is strapped for cash and needs to free up some cash by cutting and restructuring players.
SO, seeing that we have to cut some players that actually tried this year to get under the cap, it would only m ake sense to cut the ones that didnt help us on the field or with their cap hit.
you on the other hand want to pay wallace 10+ million.
why would you want to pay a guy that much money when he sh!t on the team, fans and owner this year?
you can pretend that wallace is innocent and blame everyone else but the logical fans see what the problem is.............besides, if wallace wanted to stay here, like you claim he does, why didnt he take the contract that was offerd to him?
He shit on the owner, fans and the team this year? I'd love for you to reveal your inside source, because apparently, you know more about the Mike Wallace contract situation than anyone else in the media. Yep, we know a contract was turned down by either Bus Cook or Mike Wallace. The contract was lucrative, but we don't know who turned it down. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I very much doubt a young kid like Wallace would have turned down a 50 million dollar deal if someone wasn't whispering in his ear.

The logical fans see what the problem is? You mean the same logical fans that think cutting Woodley is a great idea, despite the cap implications and the fact that it's the dumbest fucking thing we could do? Or, the logical fans that freak out and overreact when we have a mediocre season that was marred by injuries? Oh, the same logical fans that are calling for Tomlin's head. Yep, these logical fans.

I'm not claiming anything. He's said it multiple times.

Like here:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08...in-pittsburgh/

Or here:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ts-a-business/

I deal in facts and quotes. You're dealing in hypothetical situations and making assumptions based on the bias you already have against Wallace. To me, that doesn't scream 'logical fan' as you put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
1 big difference - more production than 1 Mike Wallace leading up to the holdout and he followed it up with a SB MVP.

I don't remember Ward asking for more money than he was worth.
I'd like for you to provide the link in which Mike Wallace was asking for more than he was worth. No, I don't want a link describing what 'inside sources' say, either. I want a quote from Wallace asking for a specific dollar amount. It'd be even better if you could find one where he asked for Larry Fitzgerald money.

Wallace is worth a 5 year / 50 - 52.5 million dollar deal and he's not going to get a lot more elsewhere, despite the speculation and assumptions are on this site. I guarantee if we match an offer that another team gives him, he'll come back and be sturdy at the WR position for another 5 years.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote