View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256
Default Re: Can someone tell me how we ended up in this cap hell situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
LB LaMarr Woodley signs 6-year deal

August 2011

So, when Woodley had already signed his contract extension, he was putting up record numbers. But, no, he decided when he was going to play. Do you see why this makes absolutely no sense? You're trying to pin him being 'soft' and lazy, but he was actually playing better than he was after he got his extension.

The amount of scapegoating that takes place on these forums is unreal.

He put on weight and got out of shape when he hurt his hamstring - no one is arguing that. He needs to get his ass back into shape and I'm very confident he's going to do so. That being said, to call him lazy and soft is the definition of ignorant.
woodley played hard thru his rookie contract and was rewarded highly although upset that he didnt getted rreworked during his third year due the the F'ed up cba crap. he comes out hard to live up to the new money deal, plays well, gets hurt. doesnt really work hard to comeback the rest of the year, probably thinking 'they owe me for year #3 when i should have been getting more" takes the rest of the year off. lives large during the off season. steelers come knocking for a restructure. woodley says 'hell ya, gimme more up front money that i dont have to work for'. knowing the steelers cant do a damn thing aboput his contract for a few years, decides to take off the whole year.
now here we are with some 'real' fans wanting to restructure woodley again this year. lamar is sitting at home waiting and hoping for the call to see if he can 'help the team' and coast another couple years. tallk about the definition of ignorant.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote