View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Well now that I have some material to work with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasiton View Post
Ok I didn't mean to start a same old same old.
Our running backs are middle of the pack at best.But it was Haley that wouldn't leave well enough alone, and stick with one guy.All running backs need reps to get going.Over the course of a game, and a season.Haley would have a different back in, every down.Not letting any of them get into the role of starter, and leader of the rb core.the few times he did.We got a back to run for 100 yards or close.Yes Rashard was hurt for half the season, and worthless the other half.But we have 4 other backs Pick one.Go with it.By the way if the "backs aren't fast enough to hit the outside" then you screen, pitch,or overload that side with blockers.Or screen more to you WR's.Seamed to work pretty well last year doing it that way.
Honestly, I think this one is on Tomlin.

Quote:
We have arguably the best 3 or 4 man corp of recievers (including the TE), in the entire league.Use them.Haley has no idea what to do with that much talent and it went to waist for most of the season.If it wasn't for the talent of said recievers Ben wouldn't of had any yards.They had to pickup all their yardage of of 3 and 4 yard dink and dunk crud.Oh I know.There were a few tosses down the field.Also the recievers dropped too many balls as well.But Haley is a joke when it comes to game planning.Except fo Miller the passing game was terrible.
No, it wasn't. Ben was being mentioned in MVP conversations and our offense was on pace to break franchise records.

Haley cannot make the receivers catch the ball. Brown had an off-year, and Wallace just plain stinks as anything other than a post runner. But either way, prior to the Ben injury, this offesne was rolling. It only neeeded to work on its red zone success rate some.

Quote:
The defense is going to get old waiting on this slow, predictable offense to figure out what the heck they are doing.
Actually, since the offense was 2nd in ToP, the offense was doing EVERYTHING it should to keep the defense fresh and to help them out. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quote:
By the way I didn't say Ben got sacked more, I said the team gave up more sacksAnd actually it might be tied with last year.
And you are still wrong. 40 sacks is still more than 30.

The only one area where I think we can honestly blame Haley-- is that his offensive scheme this year was built entirely around Big ben's skillset. He had no contingency plan for if Ben got hurt.

Leftwich and Batch are two completely different types of QBs from Ben. When he got hurt, they were not ready to have the backup QB come in and take over. We need to draft or find some backup QBs that are more similar to Ben's skuillset, so we can expect them to maintain the gameplan if they have to fill in, instead of having to throw out the whole playbook as a result.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
Plasiton (01-19-2013)