View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #64
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,369 Times in 3,012 Posts
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: Did Steelers make a rash decision to sign Antonio Brown?

I don't think they overpaid Antonio Brown. I also think Mike Wallace has outplayed his contract. The difference between the two is obvious.

AB was named team mvp in 2011. Everyone on the team that was asked about AB stated he was the hardest worker on the team. He constantly worked on his game. His route running, his hands, his footwork, releasing at the line of scrimmage. He also is a great returner and open field runner.

Mike Wallace has not improved one bit over the last two seasons. He still doesn't run good routes. His hands are not good, and to be more specific, his hands in traffic are downright awful. He has an inability to elevate for the football and get his feet in bounds. He doesn't compete for balls that are not perfectly thrown and has some of the worst ball skills with the ball in the air that I have ever seen for a receiver that many think is a #1. The worst part is that you never hear other players, coaches, or media talk about how he is working his ass off perfecting his craft. Antonio Brown did that. He gave that effort. We have not seen this from Wallace.

That sounds like harsh criticism for a receiver that makes what Wallace makes a year. The problem is that he is asking for 10-12 million dollars a year. I think the Steelers moved him to the prominent receiver position to give him a chance to show them what he could do. I believe he has shown all of us what he did with that opportunity. Do I think he can improve? Yes. But if a man looking for a big contract can't work his ass off and give it everything he has, what makes you think he will work to get better after he gets his money?

Just sayin'...
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote