View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,252 Times in 3,135 Posts
Default Re: Is Colbert Quietly on the 'Hot Seat'?

Thank you, Riddle, for understanding my post.

I'm not asking him to be fired or let go this offseason, and I'm not playing the blame game. I was recognizing that there has been some issues in this organization in regards to the draft, free agency, lucrative contracts, etc. and some of that has to fall on the shoulders of the GM. His own words were "we don't have very many franchise players on this roster" and we're 15 million over the cap? I'm sorry, but that's a serious problem that needs to be addressed. Harrison having a cap hit over 10 million dollars is another serious problem. Not having depth at very many - if any - defensive positions on this roster is another serious problem and some of those, if not all, fall on the shoulders of Colbert.

Again, I'm not calling for his head or asking him to be fired this offseason. I'm asking for some level-headed thinking about the issues that are on this team and where they might be coming from instead of just blaming Tomlin and Ben.

Thank you Teegre for the logical response and you're right - we have drafted well in the later rounds. The problem is, we're not hitting with the first two - three on a consistent basis and that has to change. We've managed to draft special teams players with great consistency, but have failed to draft starters and that, again, falls on scouting but ultimately Colbert.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote