View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default 3-4 to a 4-3?

Here's a good article about the possibility to switch to a 4-3
http://steelblitz.com/should-the-ste...479/2013/01/18

Although I love the 3-4 defense and love having 4 linebackers on the field I'd have to say I wouldn't be mad if they made the switch.

We have the players for it and it would perhaps cut down on some team needs like linebacker and nt ( I don't think it's a need but some people do ) like the article states we would have heyward hood McClendon and Woodley on the line witha combination of Timmons spence and worlids or slyvester.

Most of these players if it all played in a 4-3 in college. Woodley at end heyward at end hood was a very good dt in 4-3. Timmons was a outside linebacker in a 4-3 and spence was a very good middle linebacker in a 4-3. I don't know if this was planned to eventually switch once key guys left cause of age but it looks like a very good defense playing in a 4-3

Hood and heyward are still learning the 3-4 but look uncomfortable playing it and would do much better in a 4-3 especially hood. Maybe Woodley put o weight to make the switch but it would allow him to rush every down and not cover.

With Timmons and spence and whoever else we would have a ton of speed on the linebackers.

Maybe it's time maybe not. Any thoughts.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote