View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Is Colbert Quietly on the 'Hot Seat'?

IMO, I agree with some the O player picks not panning out as we have looked for them to contribute much, much sooner than the D players we have drafted, and that's part of the Steelers system on defense - some of the young guys to step on defense have looked great - ie, Lewis and Allen. I'm "meh" on Hood but he isn't terrible. McClendon and Heyward need more trial by fire.

Our Rd1 RB from 08 is coach fodder and possibly gone or at best on his last chance for redemption (and you all know how I feel sorta bad because of what I think Arians did to his psyche). A Rd 2 WR (Sweed) was one of the biggest busts of the last 15 seasons. Rainey is gone. Wallace was a flash in the pan with his attitude. In many ways, we are retooling yet again at WR and RB and now we need someone at TE. Not looking good on an already frustrating offense. It pretty much will be like starting over again with Haley in a lot of ways. I am excited about the young O-linemen - bright spot and I Have hope

Hot seat? IMO - no. Same performance or lack of from younger guys next season, along with bad record or limping into playoffs and 1 and done? Yea - I think so.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote