View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,181 Times in 3,451 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Is Colbert Quietly on the 'Hot Seat'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post

“The only thing I can point to is our draft preparations,” Colbert said. “We do homework on players, and we will reject significant players. I am talking about first-round talents that (we) decide we don‘t want to assume the risk if they do have a character issue. But when we do assume the risk, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn‘t. Obviously, we had two cases this year that didn‘t work for us, and that falls on me because I am the guy who said we can assume this risk.”
I'm confident that they do a good job looking into these players. Obviously you can't just look past any player who might have character issues, they're all human and none are saints.

Bottom line though is the player needs to take responsibility for themselves, and not the coaching staff or FO.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote