PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,075 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Manti Te'o

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Interesting theory floating around is that Te'o is gay and the whole story of a girlfriend was fabricated to protect his image in a world of jocks. Could be true.?
I don't know that I believe it, but it would certainly explain this whole thing. It's really the only explanation that could give him a legitimate reason to lie about everything (Mormons and Notre Dame are obviously not very Gay-friendly communities, let alone being a high-caliber football player and leader) and not make him look like a complete gullible idiot. But if that were indeed the case, he's still stupid for perpetuating a huge lie like that instead of just lying low when it came to his sexuality/relationships. Would have been way easier to just pretend he was a single straight dude like tons of college football players are anyway.

I feel if he came out it would take him off a lot of draft boards or really lower his stock, not necessarily because of homophobia or anti-gay sentiments around the league, but just because of the HUGE media circus that will come with drafting the first openly-gay NFL player.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote