In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,589 Times in 2,324 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 5 accidentally shot at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
No, it's actually not significant. That's not a valid comparison either, because you know for a fact that not everyone is going to carry a gun at Heinz field. You're creating a straw man argument.

If you wanted to even make a valid argument here, you would say this is one of the reasons the gun show loopholes should be closed (which isn't limited to gun shows, gun show is just a buzzword). And I agree that they should be closed. Gun shows should be limited to FFL sellers. You'll never (or very rarely) catch one of them trying to sell a loaded shotgun (the guy selling it most likely forgot). The other two, who were openly loading their pistols, should be criminally punished in some way (I'm guessing their not stark raving criminals, so I'd lay a hefty fine on them for being stupid). These are realistic solutions.
I'lll leave for now how callous I think your statistics comment was. My argument is that there are too many stupid people to have guns everywhere. in anyone's hands. I certainly wouldn't let them in my store if I had one. And some argue you should be able to take them anywhere, even into bars and clubs.

So tell me what the penalty should be for the owner if he accidentally kills someone in a public place. How about if he just mames someone? If your kid is shot does it help to know it was just some HS dropout trying to feel powerful by carrying a 357 instead of a "stark raving criminal?"

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote