Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,726 Posts
My Mood: Pensive
Default Re: 5 accidentally shot at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana

I'll give you mine.

Gun ownership needs a license. The license requires real training and proof of competency. There would be different levels for different types of of weapons, like CDLs as a parallel. Some weapons would have need requirements similar to Israeli requirements.

Transferring ownership between private individuals requires both to have the appropriate license and would require documentation similar to selling a car.

I would have special shipping requirements.

If you ever accidentally discharge a weapon in public, you lose you license forever to go with a hefty fine. Any damage done is your responsibility. You pay for the property damage. You pay for medical expenses, pain and suffering and lifetime disabilities, or the wrongful death. No defense, this is pure strict liability.

Criminally, if you cause death or serious bodily injury with a firearm, it's a felony. Accident is no defense. Obviously self defense still is but we're talking about unintentional firing here.

Carrying a firearm under the influence is a felony.

Carrying weapons on private property, including all businesses, stores, malls, etc.. is up to the ownership but it must be posted if it is ok. No posting means it's restricted.

I'm a gun owner and none of these would change a thing about my use.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote