Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 2,725 Times in 1,509 Posts
Default Re: 5 accidentally shot at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
That can be realistically done...I think all people should have to at least get permits. I'm all for training and proof of competency. Competent trainers are a must too. You wouldn't believe the level of ignorance that abounds in these classes. There are already different levels for different types of weapons (full auto are class III), but I understand the need to expand that. This is a workable solution, IMO.

Completely agree. This is the "gun show" loophole. It applies to flea markets and people's basements as well. You only have to "occasionally" sell weapons to not have to do a background check or have proper paperwork. Everybody and their mothers should say "What the hell is this crap!?!"

I believe there already are in most cases? I could be wrong, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean in this regard.

Most of this I would leave open to local laws. It's not the federal gov'ts job to police everyone. That's why we have local politicians and law enforcement. That's not to say that I don't completely disagree with you, but that's something that should be done on a local level.

Again, this should be left up to local/state law enforcement, like most other laws.

I don't see why the posting matters that much, but ok. Criminals will just know whether or not to look for a sign still lol.
Posting lets customers know. I'm not going into a bar that allows guns.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote