SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: 5 accidentally shot at gun shows in North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Shipping - done by approved carriers with bonded employees. Legal guns becoming street guns is a problem. They shouldn't be shipped in the same truck as the Amazon delivery.

The laws I propose are state laws but these are the ones I would say a minimum for every state. For PA, would you want them?
Yeah, I can get behind the shipping.

Making those laws you mentioned minimum for every state would require federal enforcement of state laws, so I'm not for it in that respect.

As for PA? Not necessarily to the degree you are mentioning. There is currently no law whatsoever against being drunk and carrying a firearm. I would be remiss to make it a felony. I could see a DA going completely overboard with the law. I think it should be more like VA's laws, where if you are arrested for being drunk, and have a firearm, it's a misdemeanor, you have your license and permit stripped from you (along with a hefty fine), and you cannot apply for another one for at least 5 years. I think that would deter a lot of action.

I can agree with the accidental shooting laws. It should always be made a personal responsibility issue.