pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 6,065 Times in 2,531 Posts
Default Re: Painful Cuts Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I predict you'll see a breakout performance from someone else on defense and offense - I'd imagine one of the young bucks is getting pretty excited to finally prove their worth - should be exciting for us Steelers fans - I wouldn't be surprised to see another rookie or 2nd/3rd year player to have a huge year on offense. As much as we're all nervous about a possible stretch of mediocrity - we very well could see that some of these painful cuts is what we needed to really end some teething and have these guys make a name for themselves
I don't think that we're done for years like many think here by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just pointing out how difficult it is to maintain a high level of play for a long period of time. I think you're right. There are always new players that will step up and step out of the shadows of the men that started ahead of them. If the front office can continue to bring in the talent like they have over the last few decades, they are going to be fine. It's all part of the Steeler's way of doing things. Dick LeBeau's system of defense has been the mainstay of our team and our identity for many years, even when he wasn't the defensive coordinator here. It is that stability that has allowed them to stay the course and fill gaps and seams because they are not constantly retooling and changing systems. Continuity allows young players to master the schemes they play, and become another cog in the gears that move this franchise.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote