View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,623 Times in 4,118 Posts
Default Re: Painful Cuts Ahead

We're going to be 1-15 because we're shedding the dead weight on this team and replacing them with younger and more explosive guys? Getting rid of Harrison, Keisel, Hampton and Troy might make our defensive more explosive. Harrison is struggling with severe knee and back problems while Keisel and Hampton have clearly lost a couple steps to their game. Great, they're vocal leaders in the locker room but at this point, we're worse off on defense when they're on the field than when they're not.

Enter Polamalu. He's easily going to be the most controversial and hardest cut this team is going to have to make, but I think it's a necessary one. Do you guys think he's worth the 10 million dollar cap hit we're going to take for him to stay on this team? For me, it's an easy no. He's lost a step, too, but because of his play style and not necessarily his age, but I'm sure that factors in as well. He's no longer the explosive, playmaking Safety we've all come to expect on Sundays and this defense was actually better against the pass when we had two Safeties deep, playing a more conventional 3-4 defense rather than relying on Troy as our only playmaker on the field. Either talk him into retirement or cut him loose because we've dug ourselves into a hole with all these older players and their ridiculously high cap hits.

They're just not worth it anymore. They're not contributing and, as hard as it is to say good-bye for some of you, it's a no-brainer for me. Harrison isn't worth a 10 million dollar cap hit, neither is Polamalu. Keisel isn't worth his 4.5 million dollar cap hit, either and these guys have to be shown the door so new blood can come in. Sorry guys, it's time to let the younger guys take over the reigns.

Draft OLB, S/WR, ILB in that order and let them fucking play. I'm getting tired of LeBeau's 'rookies aren't ready!' bullshit and letting these aging guys play over their faster and more explosive counter-parts. If we need a change in defensive ideology (not scheme, chill) then so be it. Why didn't Heyward play over Keisel? Why wasn't McLendon playing over Hampton despite obviously outplaying him every single snap he was on the field? Why are younger guys punished for making a play in the backfield when our OLBs are struggling to make plays?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote