MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts
Default Re: 3-4 to a 4-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I totally agree with you - the offense didn't hold up its part - and that was even more exposed as the defense had a terrible year in terms of wreaking havoc - forcing turnovers means extra possessions and better field position. You're right - the defense cannot be dominant every single season - just don't rely on rankings - lack of turnovers took this team down another notch and helped shine some light on an offense - especially as the year went on and we were more banged up. This is not an O that can consistently march the field over the course of the Arians era. I'd argue they were showing promise going into the KC game. Just some food for thought - Not saying its the D's fault - but, it heightened everyone's awareness to what it really takes to win a SB - if you aren't creating turnovers - its that much harder on a struggling O.
so would running a 4-3 create more turnovers ? would ike taylors stonehands magically transform into venus fly traps ? remember the argument here is switching to the 4-3.
how many missed opportunties for turnovers and even pick sixes were there ? i recall several.
my point is the players failed the scheme, the scheme didn't fail the players.
the bears ran the same D they did last year but nobody was using them as an example to switch to the 4-3 , so why now just because the ball bounced there way more than usual are they the poster child for switching to a 4-3 D ?
could the players have had anything to do with their new found success ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote