View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #29
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default Re: 3-4 to a 4-3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Do you want to have a worse defense for 2 years while the Steelers transition to a 4-3 Cover 2 defense? I think the Vikings run a Tampa 2....are they instantly great because they run that schem??

Do you think that running a 4-3 guarantees turnovers? Maybe its athletes with a nose for the football like Tillman, Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, etc that create turnovers...not the scheme.

Its an old arguement. Almost older than "we need a big RB, Draft Ron Dayne, Brandon Jacobs, etc"
I never said I wanted a Tampa two what I meant was you guys wouldn't want a d that had 8tds last year. And it can be cause of a 4-3 because most of the Time you only rush 4. A and have 7 in coverage. 6teams in the top 8 in int ran 4-3 defenses.

Again it's not an old arguement its a strong possibility after dick leaves. We have more guys that played in a 4-3 than we do a 3-4. The 3-4 relies on the 3 down lineman to hold of blockers to let the linebackers do there thing. Hood and heyward and mccllendon most likely wont be as good as hampton smith Brett. Hood was also credited to the reason Woodley didn't have a great year his play was poor and teams targeted him and ran right at his side.

Like I said I love the 3-4 I think it's the best d when it's working. But we don't have the personal anymore. It's a possibility and everyone should be aware of that.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote