View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Young Money Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
Having receivers like Wallace, Brown and sanders are great to have as long as you are not inside the 20. At that point their biggest asset (speed) is useless as that is when you need someone who can out jump, go over the middle, shake off a tackle or use other abilities other than speed.

That is why we struggle in the red zone and that is why Heath Miller caught so many TDs this year, he was our only red zone option.

The issue I have with Wallace is his effort this year. wasnt an issue in the past. Drops are part of being a receiver and again he was a 3rd round pick too. So we got more than we bargained for. In no way is he a #1 wr.

See above for Brown.

Look for New England to sign Wallace. In that offense he would have one role, go deep and thats all he wowuld need to do.
I do not disagree that Wallace and Brown aren't great red zone threats but they can still get it done. Comparing these two receivers to the best in the NFL is unfair. In order to overachieve as much as they have I do not believe for a minute they aren't hard workers.

The Steelers are not going to be in a position to draft a top 5 wr. The best they could do is draft a first round TE for a red zone threat and that is going to happen this year.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote