Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #122
lipps83
Head Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I agree.

In fact, this is one SB where I really can't decide who I like better because both teams deserve to win it for a variety of reasons.

It may not sit well with most Steeler fans but you have to respect the fact that Baltimore has a pretty damned good team and that Flacco has turned out to be a pretty damned good quarterback. As far as SF goes, I know most Steeler fans hate the idea that SF could tie us in SB wins, but again, you can't say that they don't deserve to win or that they're not a good team as well.

As for the Harbaugh connection, I think it's kind of neat that two brothers are competing against each other for a SB and I don't think that either one has been "blessed" with such talent that whatever John and Jim Harbaugh have individually brought to the table as coaches can be dismissed as irrelevant.

Like any other Steeler fan I'd love to have our team playing but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate another good team being there.
That's a good point. It seems that you are not allowed to be a football fan first. You must deny the success of every other individual or organization, and when you can't criticize their abilities you must then find faults in character.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipps83 For This Useful Post:
TheVet (01-22-2013)