View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
lipps83
Head Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
You are holding the Bengals inability to stop Joe Montana 30 years ago in the superbowl against LeBeau? You know that Joe Montana was pretty good right?.
You completely missed my point. My sole point being that his defenses have HISTORICALLY given up 4TH QUARTER LEADS. I am not talking about the full games.

This was the first big one that caught some attention and then some people started to realize a pattern.

Quote:
Steelers defense held the historically prolific Cardinals passing attack to 23 points and got 7 back themselves- and who won that game?
So what? That doesn't change the fact the Cardinals scored 14 of those points in the 4TH QUARTER.

Quote:
You are seriously including the Steelers giving up 6 points to the Bengals as losing the game for the Steelers???
No, it wasn't the only problem. However, the inability of the defense to make any type of stop on the Bengals last drive in the 4TH QUARTER, allowing them to kick a field goal, is a problem.

Quote:
The Steelers held the Chiefs to 13 points.
The Chiefs going into that game had the worst offensive output since 1929. That's a hell of a long time ago. Again, when the game was on the line the Chiefs and Dan Marino drove right down in the 4TH QUARTER and tied the game to send it into overtime. Never should have gotten to that point. A great defense doesn't allow the worst offense in over 80 years to drive the field to tie.

Quote:
The Titans were held to 16 (unless you seriously hold the defense accountable for not stopping the Titans on a 1 yard TD drive).
No, I was referring to the 10 points the Titans scored in last 5 minutes of the 4TH QUARTER.

Quote:
Ike Taylor was out for the Cowboys game and Lewis was hurt too. Enter Golden and Victorian against the 3rd best pass offense in the NFL.
Every team deals with injury problems, don't make excuses. The Cowboys tied the game in the 4TH QUARTER, however, there was still 6 minutes left in the game, so it was unLebeau like to have the other team score with that much time left on the clock.

Quote:
Do you people even watch the games? There were just as many injuries on the defensive side of the ball as the offensive side of the ball. The difference is the Steelers finished 6th in points allowed and 22nd in points scored.
You can bang your head all you want but you completely missed my point.
lipps83 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipps83 For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (01-22-2013)