View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #49
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
The thing is.. you are pointing to rare occurrences... the vast majority of games were won by the defense.... The idea that Ben single handedly won these games... Well I remember it a little differently... I remember an ineffective Ben in the 1st and 2nd quarters...showing up in the 4th quarter in a close game...and winning it at the end... that is what I remember... and none of that would have been possible if the defense didn't keep us around until the offense found a way to score.

The stats don't lie either... they support what I'm saying... our offense does not put up points like other top 10 offenses do... we are typically average at putting up points compared to the rest of the NFL. Yet our defense is typically in the top 10 in giving up points. Say what you want...but bottom line is it's all about scoring. You give the offense a pass and expect perfection out of the defense.
and that is why ben is considered a championship quarterback. when he needed to be great he was. I cant say that for the defense.

the rare accorances? those are all playoff games. the non rare occurances were regualr season blown leads.

I dont get our offense a pass. When you dont get sacks and turnovers you give the offense long fields. How many times did we pin an offense inside the 10 and let them turn around field positon. that happens a ton and has as far back as I can remember.