View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #180
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,105 Times in 4,289 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

The article is from BRs Matt Miller, a guy I greatly respect. He knows his stuff and his mock overall is probably the most accurate I've seen so far, and I can really see us taking Dion Jordan. He's smart on-and-off the field and he doesn't have any priors. The only red flag I can see against him would be his torn shoulder labrum, but we've taken chances on guys with injuries before and they've worked out pretty well (Miller and Polamalu, anyone?). At this point, Jordan is the best guy on the board and potentially, the entire draft.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pick: OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon

A torn labrum has pushed Oregon's Dion Jordan down the board, which means one lucky team will add a potential top-five pick in the later half of the first round.

Jordan's ability to play multiple positions will garner him plenty of attention from NFL scouts. Depending on how healthy his shoulder is by the Oregon pro day, he may be able to rehabilitate his stock and continue to climb up the board. As it stands today, the Pittsburgh Steelers would love to add this freak of nature to the lineup.

Jordan would be the ultimate counter to LaMarr Woodley on the edge, allowing the team to replace James Harrison in the future while adding in another athletic pass-rusher in the interim.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pick: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Eifert lacks the athleticism to be drafted higher than this, but the Steelers won't mind. His size and hands will give them a young red-zone threat to complement Heath Miller before replacing him down the line.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pick: Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma

The Steelers know that Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu can't play forever. Tony Jefferson gives them a young stud to groom for the future.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...dition/page/18

-- Gotta say, those three together would be pretty amazing picks for us. However, he has Giovani Bernard being picked by the Packers at 26 and I don't think we let him slide by us with the amount of trouble we've had at RB this season. If we did manage to grab Jordan in the first with Bernard in the second, those fill needs and are also BPA. Grabbing Jefferson in the third would be a gift, but I think we have to take Nico Johnson here because he wont fall to us in the fourth round.

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 01-21-2013 at 06:01 PM.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote