View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #58
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Like I said I knew you were a Ben homer and just wanted you to say it. Thank you that is a big relief off my mind. Now I know you see Roethlisberger as "heroic" and nothing he ever does is wrong.

You pointed out the Jacksonville game- Ben threw a pick 6 and 2 other interceptions in that game. The Steelers lost by 2. Would the Steelers have had a better chance to win if Roethlisberger had not thrown 3 ints or a pick 6?

You pointed out the 2004 NWE game. Again... Roethlisberger threw 3 picks and a pick 6. It was his rookie season but don't put the game all on the defense when NWE scored 17 points off turnovers. Defense had a bad game but the offense sure didn't help.

Your "championship quarterback" had a playoff rating of 81.9 in the Arians era. That is almost identical to the career averages of Jake Del Homme, Neil O'Donnell and Dave Krieg. Joe Montana he is not.

There is a theme on this board amongst those who trash the defense: they all believe Roethlisberger is the greatest Steelers quarterback and that the Steelers could not win without him.

Ben Homer? yeah we cant win super bowls without him. Couldnt with O Donnell with a ton of super stars on that team. Couldnt with Kordell or Maddox. Ben takes over the same team both of them have andin year 2 we have a champsionship.

same defense with those guys as Ben had.

As for The Packer game, yes Ben wasnt good...why? He was playing against a championship defense. They made plays. They sacked him, intercepted him, returned one for a TD AND THEY STOPPED HIM ON THE LAST DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something our defense cant do.
stairway27 (01-22-2013)