harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,259 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Oh I'm not discrediting those players at all actually the complete opposite. Those players have made this defense so good.

Just a lot of people on here defend dick lebeau defense and scheme when in fact the players we had made the scheme work so well. People don't want to change the scheme at all because dick is a Legend but guys like Troy Harrison and the d line made his scheme so good. If lebeau was on the raiders he's defense wouldn't be number 1.

The players have made this defense so good and most of those player are gone or will be gone. For example those key guys Troy Harrison Woodley kiesel were all hurt this year and Ike and look at what the defense looked like when they were down def not a top 5 d
sorry, I read your posts out of context. I'm no x's and o's guy, so I can't argue the quality of his schemes at all. I would definitely like to see them play like Fansince72 said "more dynamic." But I'll leave that up to the experts.

What the original poster is trying to argue is that the history of these defenses (even 05, 04, 08, and 10, even 93-95) were not championship quality. It's his opinion and he's welcome to it. I just think he's bashing our history.