View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #37
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,880 Times in 1,764 Posts
Default Re: If the Ravens win the SB then I'll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
This is definitely true, but I also think in today's salary-cap, parity situation one of the most important things is getting through the season reasonably healthy and especially being healthy for the playoffs. Looking at our run this year, even someone like McGahee and then the injury to Moreno made a difference, then Gronk, Talib, Ridley.

Looking back at the Steelers season, I mean you cannot say enough about how losing Ben hurts. And players rarely come back in the first game completely ready to go. I was really shocked at how badly Batch played in his first game, I was used to seeing that guy get the job done. I also think this was one of those years where you guys just kind of hit an ebb, I expect the Steelers to be noticeably better next year. But, again, for either team to make a run will probably also come down to getting healthy at the right time.
All true, but all part of the game.

The Ravens lost Suggs, Webb and Lewis (and others) for long stretches and have still made it to the Lombardi-defining game.

Sometimes injuries are a fine excuse and all, but great teams win no matter what.
NSMaster56 is online now   Reply With Quote