View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #72
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I enjoy debate for the sake of debate, but what exactly is the point of the Lebeau bashing? His defense are not championship defenses, except of course the three AFC Championship defenses he headed. I don't get it.
It isn't debate as much as the OP was being a Roethlisberger apologist. All of these "Fire the coordinator" threads, the "Ben needs a tall WR" threads, "This defense/Tomlin/player sucks" threads are all in their own way apologies for Ben. The common theme is "Ben is the best quarterback the Steelers have ever had! If Ben doesn't win the team let him down! It is everyone's fault but Ben!"

It reminds me of the Leon commercials. "Football is a team game and Leon (Ben) can't do everything."

[YOUTUBE]3BkIh1R5utY[/YOUTUBE]

"That pick Ben threw in OT vs the Cowboys wouldn't have mattered if Wallace had tackled him at the Steelers 35 and then the defense held them to 0 yards forcing an indoor 50 yard field goal and then blocking that field goal! These guys need to help Ben! Ben can't do everything!"

5895 pointed to the Steelers second game vs Bengals where they allowed 6 points of an example of the defense failing in the 4th quarter because they gave up the game-winning field goal... and I'm fairly certain he was serious.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote