View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #23
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Wes Welker's wife rants about Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Six kids, four different women, not wives. A plea bargain not an acquittal. A semantics of words that in essence is pretty close to being spot on. Poor sport, poor judgement, but not anything that is out of line as far as his life story. A thug then, a thug now but spouting the "same stuff" that Tebow takes flack for but with less believability.
The issue I take with this is that only someone who did not know Ray Lewis, who did not watch him over the past decade and how he has turned his life around since that night, who has not seen his charity work, his impact on his team and his community, his commitment to his kids that you pass judgment on him for, his love for our city and its people, would call him fake or a thug. What has he done in the past 12 years that was thuggish? Dominate at the MLB position? Raise his kids? Donate his money and his time to charity and our community in ways that really didn't get any recognition until his "A Football Life" episode?

Those tears are real because he is the heart of this team, and his game has always been about his love for football.

There is no doubt in my mind that he made a terrible mistake 12 years ago in his choice of friends, but there is also no doubt in my mind that he has spent every day since then in genuine atonement for that night.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote