Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Steelers' Mocks around the Web

From WalterFootball.com

First Round:
Pittsburgh Steelers: Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
I think this is a good spot for Manti Te'o. He was brutal in the national championship, but that shouldn't erase all of his other great tape. He's still the favorite to be the first inside linebacker off the board, and the 16-25 range seems right for him. Besides, this is the type of move the Steelers normally make. They often are able to snag talented prospects who fall to them later in the first round for whatever reason.

The Steelers have shown interest in first-round inside linebackers. They wanted Dont'a Hightower last April, but David DeCastro was just too good to pass up at No. 24 overall. Pittsburgh still has to find an inside linebacker because Larry Foote was awful this year. He finished near the top of dubious rankings like missed tackles and touchdowns allowed by players at his position.

Second Round:
Pittsburgh Steelers: Chase Thomas, DE/OLB, Stanford
James Harrison may not be back next year. He'll be due $6.6 million as a 35-year-old who is having trouble staying healthy. The Steelers may spend an early pick on a rush linebacker.

Pick change; previously Cobi Hamilton, WR

Third Round:
Pittsburgh Steelers: Chase Thomas, DE/OLB, Stanford
James Harrison may not be back next year. He'll be due $6.6 million as a 35-year-old who is having trouble staying healthy. The Steelers may spend an early pick on a rush linebacker.

Pick change; previously Cobi Hamilton, WR

Fourth Round:
Pittsburgh Steelers: Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
The Steelers never shy away from a play-maker if one provides good value. The butterfingered Mike Wallace could be gone after this season.

Pick change; previously Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB

I'm not real fond of this mock, and I don't get the "Larry Foote was awful this year" comment. Some of these guys don't actually watch the NFL, just college, and it shows.