View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 02:10 AM   #41
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386
Default Re: Dolphin's Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66
I would expect Ben to have a field day as well. Miami re-built there secondary and I expect the Steelers to take advantage of it.
You would be well advised to reconsider that expectation. If there was a year to hope to expose Miami's secondary, it was last year. Madison isn't the same player he once was, and Will Poole was hurt all last year. I know you guys don't know the name, but he's the guy who shut down Chad Johnson for almost the whole game the last time Miami played the Bengals. Surtain was out that game, and Chad had his only catch that mattered literally one play after Poole checked out of the game for a minor injury.

Poole should be back strong by the start of the season because he was hurt in minicamp last year. Travis Daniels was promising last year. Yeremiah Bell was also promising at safety. Those two return, and a host of proven veterans like Reynaldo Hill, Andre Goodman, and Will Allen have been added in addition to first round pick safety Jason Allen.

The defense is going to be stout. Pittsburgh's hope rests on the offense not having it together if you ask me.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote