View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #77
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Yeah, that was a great play by James who admittedly freelanced on the play. LeBeau's defense had a 13-point 2nd half lead in the Super Bowl and blew it.

Let's look at what the offense did in the 4th quarter. Did they move the chains and eat time off the clock to put the game out of reach? Nope. If you look at what the offense did in the 4th quarter you would see they went 3 and out 3 times. Well, that's a sure way to let another team back in the game. The Cards had 5 possessions in the 4th.

If Justin Hartwig had not been called for holding in the end zone the Cardinals would never have gotten the ball back. Roethlisberger made a 19 yard throw to Holmes from his own end zone with 3 minutes left which was a thing of beauty. If that hold never happens the Cardinals finish the game with 14 points - and the Steelers defense got 7 back themselves. Ultimately the Cardinals should have been held to 7 net points by the Steelers D. I think the D played well personally, I would even go so far to say they played at a championship level. I am not sure how many teams would have stood up to Fitzgerald's historic level of play on 5 possessions in the 4th quarter- especially with McFadden and Gay at corner.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote